In this episode…
Jeff, Leandra, and Kyle are joined by Marc Specter, founder of the Grand Gaming Academy and Co-Founder of GrandCon, Grand Rapids first ever gaming and comics convention. Marc discusses what the Grand Gaming Academy is, as well as his ultimate goal with it. Marc talks about the various board game publishers involved with the Grand Gaming Academy such as Tasty Minstrel, Dice Hate Me, Stronghold, and R&R games and what makes the GGA service special. Hear about some of the challenges the Grand Gaming Academy has taken on as well as a few hilarious memories from this year’s Origins Game Convention!
We welcome you to our sixth show and discuss what’s been going on in our life related to games.
Feature: The Grand Gaming Academy- An interview with Marc Specter
- Marc tells us a little about himself and explains a little about the Grand Gaming Academy.
- Marc dives into some of the amazing people he has been able to work with through the Grand Gaming Academy and some of the tasks the GGA has undertaken.
- Marc, Kyle, and Leandra share their favorite memory from Origins 2013 and all have a good laugh.
- Marc’s involvement in the Grand Gaming Academy has him playing a TON of games. What kind of games does Marc like, and what elements of a board game does he find impressive?
- Marc shares some great advice for those planning on attending a gaming convention.
- Submissions are still being accepted. We want to thank everyone that has taken the time to send us their game. Thank you for your patience during this process.
- Look for Happy Mitten at Protospiel in Ann Arbor.
- Look for Jeff at GenCon, representing both Happy Mitten and the Grand Gaming Academy.
- Check the site for new blogs and podcast episodes. We are posting new content weekly.