In this episode…
Jeff, Leandra, and Kyle are joined by game and graphic designer, Chevee Dodd who discusses his feelings on how a game designer should court a board game publisher. Does Chevee feel the conversation should be focused more on the game, the designer as a person, or their feelings toward the company they’re courting? Should a designer remain firm on their creative vision, or is it better to be flexible? These questions are answered as Chevee reveals the methods of game design that have lead him to success and shares some of his fantastic time management tips for game designers. Hear about the impact joining the Marines and having two daughters has had on both Cheeve’s life, and his profession as a game designer. Additionally, Chevee discusses the evolution of his blog, CheveeDodd.com!
We welcome you to our seventh show and discuss what’s been going on in our life related to games
Feature: Chevee Dodd Interview
- Who is Chevee Dodd, and how did he get such a cool name?
- When did Chevee get into gaming/ designing?
- How should a game designer go about courting game publishers in person?
- What impact has having two daughters had on Chevee’s game design?
- What can you expect to see on Chevees blog, CheveeDodd.com?
- Also covered a few questions from Twitter.
- Rapid Prototyping. Hear about some methods Chevee has adopted to better manage his time as a game designer. Don’t learn about these common game design mistakes the hard way.
- Happy Mitten is still accepting game submissions.
- Check out the site for new blogs and podcast episodes. We will continue to post new content weekly.
- Jeff went to Protospiel and had an amazing time checking out the unpublished games and meeting some great people in the board game community. More to come…