In this episode…
Jeff, Leandra, and Kyle are joined by Grant Rodiek, designer of Farmageddon, Battle for York, and Blockade. Grant discusses his experience getting Farmegeddon published through the eyes of a game designer, his ambitious plans for the Farmageddon universe, and his thought process while he developed Battle for York and Blockade. Hear about what Grant values as a game designer, where he draws his inspiration from, and his adorable corgi, Peaches.
We welcome you to our fourth show and discuss what’s been going on in our life related to games.
Feature: Grant Rodiek Interview
- What’s one of Grants favorite games, and what elements of its design strike him as impressive?
- How does Grant choose a particular theme for his game?
- Grant explains what he means by “It’s a designer’s job to help players feel clever.”
- Grant describes the balance between having a rough game idea and seeing it through to completion.
- What was Grant’s experience like getting Farmageddon published and as a game designer, what was his most difficult task?
- Details of where you can find his upcoming game that’s sure to delight, “Battle for York.”
- And more
- Game-icons.net includes hundred of free icons that you can customize and include in your game.
- Pinterest is an underutilized resource for discovering artists.
- A big thanks for the submissions we have been receiving! We are still accepting possible games!
- Kyle and Leandra prepare for Origins Game Convention and anticipate a great time!
- Check the site for new blogs and podcast episodes. We are posting new content weekly.